When you're first starting out with fountain pens, it can be confusing trying to understand how they work and what you need to know to get started. I set up this Fountain Pen 101 series to make it easier to learn the basics of fountain pen use so that you spend less time struggling and more time having fun!
Here is the YouTube playlist, so you can watch the entire series straight through. Feel free to also subscribe to my YouTube channel, TheInkNouveau, to see all of the videos I post.
Here are links to each blog post for each of my Fountain Pen 101 videos:
- Fountain Pen 101, Introduction to the Series
- How Does A Fountain Pen Work?
- Terminology 1, Parts of a Fountain Pen
- Terminology 2, Fountain Pens In Use
- Storing Fountain Pens
- Pen Cleaning and Maintenance
- Filling Mechanisms
- Ink Cartridges
- Bottled Ink
- Nib Sizes and Grinds
- Refilling An Ink Cartridge
- Nib Materials
- Dubious Ink Labels
- Fast Pen Flushing
- Sampling Ink, Part 1
- Sampling Ink, Part 2
- Flying With Fountain Pens